Saturday, January 07, 2006

Preparing for Storage

Tim and I worked a bit today in the garage, the back porch, and the basement. We worked in the garage to make space for next week's arrival of our kitchen cabinets (and the subsequent arrival of our new gas range and dishwasher). We worked on the back porch to prepare it for and to store today's face cord of firewood. We worked in the basement to get the garbage wood ready to be carted away once the contractor starts working.


Our New Face Cord on Nestled on the Back Porch

As night fell, our firewood arrived, so Tim and I stopped our work in the garage and spent 45 minutes or so loading our face cord at one end of the back porch. Luckily, Tim had emptied the back porch of furniture, tools, and shoes, so we had plenty of space to work.


One Bay of the Garage Prepared for Storing Parts of the Kitchen

Usually, one bay of our three-car garage is filled with tools, garbage cans, and wood we have salvaged from items with have torn down. We had to make space in the garage today, so we laid our wooden posts on the ground, assuming we could rest the cabinets on the ground and ensure they wouldn't get wet. Unfortunately, we moved much of the junk in this bay to the bay where I store my car. We might have to leave the garage like this for a while, so I'm not sure I'll be parking in the garage anymore this winter. But we'll look into other solutions if a winter storm comes our way.


The Back Porch Repopulated with its Furniture

After finishing with the garage, we returned the furniture to the back porch. It looks better this way.

honi soit qui mal y pense

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin Mallory said...

Oh my gosh! That's such a change...to the garage, I mean...whoa. I definitely will not miss the stairs to the basement. Eeesh.

12:46 AM, January 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home