Friday, January 06, 2006

Something We Won't Miss


The Basement Stairs from the Side

I don't think we will miss any of the parts of our house that the contractor will drag out of here and throw away. But we will least miss the stairs to the basement, a rickety set of steps barely able to hold together long enough to be dismantled. I actually can't wait until these steps are gone and a beautiful clean wall appears behind it.


Storage Area under the Basement Stairs

It's possible to see this wall, the actual stone foundation of the house, within this awkward storage area under the stairs. Last weekend, Tim and I cleaned all the old paint cans out of hear, but a single bag of dry plaster remains.


Wires Snaking through the Staircase

This photograph will give you a good sense of the myriad complications of this remodel. This is only one place in the house where a congeries of wires and pipes bores through walls or other obstructions as they knot themselves together into rat's nests.

honi soit qui mal y pense

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home