Tearing down and Piling up

The Closet and Shelves I Dismantled Today
This picture shows you one closet and a set of shelves. These worked reasonably well (though not too well) in the past, but today I tore them out. These are the last bit of cabinet-like fixtures I needed to tear out to make enough space for the new stairs, and after about five hours of work I turned these into a few stacks of boards.

The Boxes of Kitchen Cabinets We Restacked on 4X4's
(and Six-Foot Tim to Provide Scale)
After working on the demolition for a while, Tim awoke and we went outside and restacked the kitchen cabinets. I wanted to make sure that none of the cabinets got wet during the rain we had today and the snowmelt we're soon to have. We still have to put a tarp over the pile, which is an issue since the roof in the garage is leaking worse than usual.

The Area in the Basement after Today's Removal
After taking out the closet and shelves, I was surprised at how barren this wall looked. It will look totally different in a month, with a new set of stairs ending just about at the far left of this view.

The Last Remaining Closet
Now only the shell of the kitchen sink and this closet remain along this wall of our basement. I'm leaving the kitchen sink for the contractors to finish. But I might end up taking out this closet soon also. If I take it out, we will have enough space in this corner for our electric range and a kitchen sink. With those items installed downstairs, we could pretty much eat as usual during the remodel. And it would be handy occasionally to have an extra range downstairs anyway.
honi soit qui mal y pense

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home