Saturday, February 18, 2006

A Day Off from Renovating

We realy didn't do anything related to the renovation today, except to move as much junk out of the living room as we could. But I still have a few pictures to post.


The View from the Dining Room to the Kitchen

This is the photograph Erin has been yearning for (though I don't know why): a picture of the kitchen from the dining room. By the time Nancy, Tim, and I return from our trip to New York City, I expect this view to have changed a bit.


The Living Room from the Northwest Corner

After we cleaned up the living room, we could sit on the couches again. We could get a fire going in the fireplace. We had a good afternoon relaxing in this space again.


The Living Room from the Northeast Corner

From this point of view, the flowers I gave Nancy for Valentine's Day are even more obvious. Sitting a room away from them, I can still smell the sweet lilies in this arrangement.

There is one new problem with the house, and it may or may not be related to the renovation. Almost half the radiators in the house never get even a tiny bit warm. These include all the usually cold radiators in the house (Erin's room, the third-floor bathroom, and the third-floor office) plus Nancy's and my room. Even running the radiator had, I couldn't get the radiators on the third floor to get even the slightest bit warm, which is bad news since the third-floor bathroom's radiator usually warms up a bit.

honi soit qui mal y pense

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home