Thursday, February 09, 2006

Day Three: The Stairs Becoming

Every day, we see noticeable progress. Today, the workmen cut away some of the oak floor in front of the old understairs closet. They needed to do this so we would have enough headspace to walk down the stairs.


The Staircase Viewed from Above

The stairway is now more fully formed, but still stairless. After I made a call to Dave tonight, I now know the staircase should have risers and steps tomorrow.


The Undulating Layers of the Floor

Looking at a cross-section of the stairs, we can now see all the strata that make up the floor. The layers are messy and wavy, not quite what we'd like to imagine as the make-up of our floors.


The Staircase from the Side

When we look at it from the side, the staircase seems almost ready to use. Too bad that's an illusion.


The Staircase from Below

I like this view of the staircase best, though it makes most clear the ineffectuality of the stairs right now.


The View up to the Washer and Dryer

I find it humorous to see the washer and dryer perched at the top of the stairs. Currently, Dave expects that they'll be moving these appliances downstairs on Monday, so we will go a weekend without the ability to wash our clothes.

After my talk with Dave today, I think I need a little clarification about the project, so I'll try to call George tomorrow for information. Apparently, the kitchen is coming out on Tuesday, including the cabinets, but not the sink. It should be weird.

honi soit qui mal y pense

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home