Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Day Two: The Stairs Begin

On this second day, we have almost begun a routine. John arrived with the truck just after seven, and I walked outside and said, Hi, to him before heading to my car and work. John and Dave worked all day with no-one else in the house, and I returned home to be surprised by what they had accomplished.


The Clothes Dryer Blocking the Void

First, here's an image I could have posted yesterday. To protect the dogs (and us) from a plummet to the basement, the workmen wedged our clothes dryer between the opening for the staircase and the opposing wall.


The Framing for the Wall of the Stairway

Downstairs, I could see that they had already set up supports for the beams they were cutting open and had begun constructing the wall for the new staircase.


Inside the Staircase

While standing inside the staircase, I could almost imagine myself hitting my head against the undersides of the steps.


Looking up through the Staircase

From the floor of the basement, I could look back up through the open ceiling, and I could see the nubs from the two beams that had been cut away.


The Rest of the Wood for the Staircase

Much work remains to complete the staircase, evidenced by the pile of wood wanting to be made into stairs.

honi soit qui mal y pense

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home