Fourth Note to Dave and John
It just occurred to me tonight that I should post the notes that I leave Dave and John in the morning. I've only done four so far, so here is the fourth. (I'll post the other three in the appropriate spots on the blog sometime tomorrow.) This posted note is here in addition to my usual illustrated blog entry for the day.
27 Feb 2006
John and Dave,
I was amazed at what you guys accomplished today, even though today’s work didn’t seem to involve the use of your more sophisticated carpentry skills.
A few notes, just so you know I’m thinking about things:
John, I forgot to tell you that the plastic in the bathroom does seem to be doing the trick. It seems a lot warmer in there now than before the plastic.
George says he’s coming on Wednesday, and I’ve asked him to consider how to transform the dining room fireplace into something we can stand, maybe something like the other one. Just so you know.
When you take out any more of the floor in the bathroom, try to save the hardwood planks if it’s possible (and if you take them out). I know these are paint-stained and might be as dry and useless as the others, but I thought I’d tell you this just in case it’s possible to save any.
One question: I can’t quite tell if the false ceiling in the dining room is straightening out the entire ceiling. It looks like the entire point of this dropped ceiling might be to allow for a chase for three wires. Maybe I’m wrong. But I’m wondering if it might be possible to take out that entire ceiling and raise it all up a bit instead of trying to figure out how to work a soffit into that space. (And, sure, I’m probably blind to some really important reason why this is impossible.)
Finally, thanks for taking out all that refuse from my demolition!
Geof
27 Feb 2006
John and Dave,
I was amazed at what you guys accomplished today, even though today’s work didn’t seem to involve the use of your more sophisticated carpentry skills.
A few notes, just so you know I’m thinking about things:
John, I forgot to tell you that the plastic in the bathroom does seem to be doing the trick. It seems a lot warmer in there now than before the plastic.
George says he’s coming on Wednesday, and I’ve asked him to consider how to transform the dining room fireplace into something we can stand, maybe something like the other one. Just so you know.
When you take out any more of the floor in the bathroom, try to save the hardwood planks if it’s possible (and if you take them out). I know these are paint-stained and might be as dry and useless as the others, but I thought I’d tell you this just in case it’s possible to save any.
One question: I can’t quite tell if the false ceiling in the dining room is straightening out the entire ceiling. It looks like the entire point of this dropped ceiling might be to allow for a chase for three wires. Maybe I’m wrong. But I’m wondering if it might be possible to take out that entire ceiling and raise it all up a bit instead of trying to figure out how to work a soffit into that space. (And, sure, I’m probably blind to some really important reason why this is impossible.)
Finally, thanks for taking out all that refuse from my demolition!
Geof

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home