Two Days before Day One
Tim and I were busy today preparing for the start of our project--as was Nancy in a weird way. Nancy spent the day washing clothes, which might not sound like preparations, but it's good preparation, actually, since our washer and dryer will be disconnected and shut down two days from now. With the loss of these machines, we will finally get to enjoy the loss of some creature comforts. The ones that follow will be even harder to enjoy.

Basement, East Wall
The project for the day was to make plenty of space in the basement. The first part of the project will be the creation of a new set of stairs, which will descend into the basement. To make space we moved everything in the room to the back wall of the room and along the far side wall. In the picture above you can see the remains of the closet along with most of our belongings stored in the basement. We covered the pile with an old futon mattress and an inflatable mattress--in hopes that these modest measures will keep the dust off these things just a little.

Basement, South Wall
This neater pile along the south wall conceals a secret. Behind the colorful pile of plastic trunks, Tim and I piled up all the wood we scavenged during my dismantling of the closet.
After all of this was done, I cataloged the clothes and other items we set aside for charity. I was able to stuff every bag and box into my car, and I drove to City Mission, but they were closed for the day, so I'll drop everything off early tomorrow morning.
My final bit of work was to box up most of the books in the hall bookshelf, remove the coat hooks and shelf from the laundry nook, and sweep and mop from the laundry room into the hallway and up the stairs. The dining room is still a mess, so I'll have finish cleaning up that area and boxing up the rest of the books tomorrow night.
honi soit qui mal y pense

Basement, East Wall
The project for the day was to make plenty of space in the basement. The first part of the project will be the creation of a new set of stairs, which will descend into the basement. To make space we moved everything in the room to the back wall of the room and along the far side wall. In the picture above you can see the remains of the closet along with most of our belongings stored in the basement. We covered the pile with an old futon mattress and an inflatable mattress--in hopes that these modest measures will keep the dust off these things just a little.

Basement, South Wall
This neater pile along the south wall conceals a secret. Behind the colorful pile of plastic trunks, Tim and I piled up all the wood we scavenged during my dismantling of the closet.
After all of this was done, I cataloged the clothes and other items we set aside for charity. I was able to stuff every bag and box into my car, and I drove to City Mission, but they were closed for the day, so I'll drop everything off early tomorrow morning.
My final bit of work was to box up most of the books in the hall bookshelf, remove the coat hooks and shelf from the laundry nook, and sweep and mop from the laundry room into the hallway and up the stairs. The dining room is still a mess, so I'll have finish cleaning up that area and boxing up the rest of the books tomorrow night.
honi soit qui mal y pense

1 Comments:
Whoa. That is so weird. I guess I'll see it this weekend!
Post a Comment
<< Home