Day Thirty-Four: Ceilings, the Step Before Walls
Back home from a late night at work, I found the house and the boiler cold. I worked on the problem for a while, trying to figure out what had gone wrong, but I couldn't. Unfortunately, work around the house occasionally has killed the heat in the house. The last time, the wire from the thermostat had been pulled somehow. It's in the fifties in the house, and falling, but I think the house will stay warm enough for the night. The guys will fix this in the morning when they discover they're chilly.
The roofer came today to gather information for an estimate. We've heard no news about this, so we'll just wait for the estimate to appear.
I did get through to George today (in a fifteen-minute open space in my day's calendar). I spoke to him about the leak, which he said Tom would take care of. We discussed a simple solution to the fireplace: a simple mantle, with wood coming down on either side of the fireplace, and sheetrock over the whole schmeer. I also asked George to get us a price for redoing the lighting in the rec room in the basement.

The Leak Continues
After arriving home, one of the first changes I discovered was a non-change: the bathtub was still leaking. Here is the wet spot I found on the second floor of the bathroom. Tim told me that John told him that Tom is supposed to come here tomorrow between 6:45 and 7:00 in the morning to address this problem.

The Sheetrock Installation Equipment and a Shop Vacuum
Here's the setup in the bathroom for installing sheetrock on the ceiling.

Sheetrock up to the Fan in the Bathroom
Here's another sheetrocked part of the bathroom ceiling. Much of that ceiling is sheetrocked, but not the center part where the leak resides.

Sheetrock, Fiberglass, and Plastic in the Bathroom
Here's the pinkest corner of the bathroom being changed in character by sheetrock and plastic.

The Pinkification of the Kitchen
The kitchen, however, has become as pink as it can. All the insulation is in, and this room awaits sheetrocking.

Sheetrock in the Hallway
And, finally, here is the sheetrock that rests in the hallway, waiting to be used. I'd've written a bit more tonight if I weren't so tired and didn't have such a big day tomorrow, the annual grants review at work.
honi soit qui mal y pense
The roofer came today to gather information for an estimate. We've heard no news about this, so we'll just wait for the estimate to appear.
I did get through to George today (in a fifteen-minute open space in my day's calendar). I spoke to him about the leak, which he said Tom would take care of. We discussed a simple solution to the fireplace: a simple mantle, with wood coming down on either side of the fireplace, and sheetrock over the whole schmeer. I also asked George to get us a price for redoing the lighting in the rec room in the basement.

The Leak Continues
After arriving home, one of the first changes I discovered was a non-change: the bathtub was still leaking. Here is the wet spot I found on the second floor of the bathroom. Tim told me that John told him that Tom is supposed to come here tomorrow between 6:45 and 7:00 in the morning to address this problem.

The Sheetrock Installation Equipment and a Shop Vacuum
Here's the setup in the bathroom for installing sheetrock on the ceiling.

Sheetrock up to the Fan in the Bathroom
Here's another sheetrocked part of the bathroom ceiling. Much of that ceiling is sheetrocked, but not the center part where the leak resides.

Sheetrock, Fiberglass, and Plastic in the Bathroom
Here's the pinkest corner of the bathroom being changed in character by sheetrock and plastic.

The Pinkification of the Kitchen
The kitchen, however, has become as pink as it can. All the insulation is in, and this room awaits sheetrocking.

Sheetrock in the Hallway
And, finally, here is the sheetrock that rests in the hallway, waiting to be used. I'd've written a bit more tonight if I weren't so tired and didn't have such a big day tomorrow, the annual grants review at work.
honi soit qui mal y pense

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home