Day Twenty-Four: Frame and Rain
Today, it rained a bit, Tim stayed home sick, and Dave and John continued the framing of the bathroom. I've become a little nervous by how small the bathroom now seems, but things will probably be okay once the bathroom is finished. The temperature started dropping this afternoon, and now it's a little nippy, almost like winter, a season we skipped this time.

The Framing for the New Back Window in the Bathroom
This window isn't centered in the bathroom; instead it sits a bit to the left. I assume this is so it will line up with the planned bathroom window below it.

General View into the Bathroom
Here's a wide view of the bathroom. This provides a general idea of the look of the bathroom, which is nothing more than plywood and two-by-fours now.

The Barely Visible Evidence of Our Second Water Leak
I doubt this is visible in this photograph online, but here you can see another leak, one that is dripping down the inside of the rock wall at the alley side of our house.

The Framing between which the Bathtub will Sit
Strangely, our six-foot-long bathtub will go right here. But the space seems pretty small when I walk around it.

The New Underjoists (Lowering the Ceiling Height)
I took this picture while lying on the sturdy bathroom floor. You can see that the guys are setting up a new series of joists below the ones already there. This is part of the miniaturization of the bathroom as the guys try to get it level and square.
honi soit qui mal y pense

The Framing for the New Back Window in the Bathroom
This window isn't centered in the bathroom; instead it sits a bit to the left. I assume this is so it will line up with the planned bathroom window below it.

General View into the Bathroom
Here's a wide view of the bathroom. This provides a general idea of the look of the bathroom, which is nothing more than plywood and two-by-fours now.

The Barely Visible Evidence of Our Second Water Leak
I doubt this is visible in this photograph online, but here you can see another leak, one that is dripping down the inside of the rock wall at the alley side of our house.

The Framing between which the Bathtub will Sit
Strangely, our six-foot-long bathtub will go right here. But the space seems pretty small when I walk around it.

The New Underjoists (Lowering the Ceiling Height)
I took this picture while lying on the sturdy bathroom floor. You can see that the guys are setting up a new series of joists below the ones already there. This is part of the miniaturization of the bathroom as the guys try to get it level and square.
honi soit qui mal y pense

1 Comments:
Old Chinese curse:
May you live in intelesting times..
Post a Comment
<< Home