Day Twenty-Seven: The Way Through
When I first got home tonight--and arriving at a little before six, I was the first one home--I thought all the changes I was going to find would be quite subtle. The first change I found was so small that I wasn't sure it had happened today. Maybe it was actually part of yesterday's plumbing work.

Drain Pipe for the Kitchen Sink
What I found was the drain for the corner kitchen sink. That is a pretty important piece of plumbing, but not very impressive by itself. Then I decided to leave the kitchen and look at where the plumbing went downstairs. I went down the hallway between the kitchen and the staircase, turned and corner and found a wall missing.

View from the Kitchen to the TV Room
The workmen had removed the small soffit-like wall in the corner of the TV room, which really makes the place seem much more spacious.

The Way Through
After making this discovery, I had to take a picture of the TV room from the kitchen, because this is about the only time this will ever be possible.

The Way From
The view out from the TV room is even better, even if unfinished. We're waiting for tomorrow, and hoping that sun will stream in through this window, making the room brighter.

The Drain for the Washing Machine
Up in the bathroom, I couldn't be sure if any changes occurred at all, because I'm not sure if any plumbing anywhere is new as of today. I just didn't pay close enough detail yesterday. But this drain pipe might be new.
Downstairs in the basement, Nancy and I found sawdust on the washing machine and what looked like a bit of new copper pipe in the ceiling, so maybe something plumblingwise happened today. But who knows?
honi soit qui mal y pense

Drain Pipe for the Kitchen Sink
What I found was the drain for the corner kitchen sink. That is a pretty important piece of plumbing, but not very impressive by itself. Then I decided to leave the kitchen and look at where the plumbing went downstairs. I went down the hallway between the kitchen and the staircase, turned and corner and found a wall missing.

View from the Kitchen to the TV Room
The workmen had removed the small soffit-like wall in the corner of the TV room, which really makes the place seem much more spacious.

The Way Through
After making this discovery, I had to take a picture of the TV room from the kitchen, because this is about the only time this will ever be possible.

The Way From
The view out from the TV room is even better, even if unfinished. We're waiting for tomorrow, and hoping that sun will stream in through this window, making the room brighter.

The Drain for the Washing Machine
Up in the bathroom, I couldn't be sure if any changes occurred at all, because I'm not sure if any plumbing anywhere is new as of today. I just didn't pay close enough detail yesterday. But this drain pipe might be new.
Downstairs in the basement, Nancy and I found sawdust on the washing machine and what looked like a bit of new copper pipe in the ceiling, so maybe something plumblingwise happened today. But who knows?
honi soit qui mal y pense

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home