Monday, March 27, 2006

First Letter to John Alone

27 March 2006

John,

It’s a little after midnight, so I’ll try to make this quick, but I need to make sure you know a few things.

First, the fireplace. It’s changed a little. George talked to Nancy about putting wallboard up on the fireplace, so I thought I’d prepare it for that, so I tore off the boards (which are piled in the kitchen), tore of the wallboard, and began cleaning the junk off the bricks. I’ll talk to George today (if possible) about the changes to the fireplace. I’m thinking maybe we can add a simple mantelpiece and maybe a little bit of other work. I don’t know. We’ll find out.

I filled all the pails you gave me. About half I used for the junk from the fireplace. Note that I’ve piled the tongue-and-groove stuff from the fireplace in the kitchen, along with a few other collections of wood I discovered on the third floor. I don’t know if you have the means to dispose of this junk, but if you can thanks. If you can’t, I’ll just cut it all up and put it in garbage bags.

Just so you know, I’ll need to use your pails about twice more before I can finish cleaning out the crawlspace on the third floor.

One request. Nancy and I want to put a long coat rack in the hallway on the wall to the right of the electrical box. Can you put up some nailer boards there for us so we can attach the coat rack (or racks) easily? That way, I can measure where the boards are and be sure to put the coat racks in the right place.

Thanks and have fun today. You should be seeing me again on Friday, since I need to take one more day off before the month ends.

Oh, and just a reminder that the guy from Star Roofing will be here on Tuesday. I’ve asked him to give us a quote for the repair to the roof, the flashing, and the garage roof. He may not have any questions for you, but if he needs to look at the flashing more closely or check out the garage roof, I’d appreciate any help you could give. Thanks!

Geof

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home