Friday, April 14, 2006

Day Forty-Seven: Nancy in Her Prime

Nancy and Tim were home today while I went to work, so Nancy spent a lot of time talking to Dave and John. She worked out the color of the siding today, and I called it in to George, who was already away on vacation. She bought five gallons of primer for us to prepare the bathroom (and eventually the kitchen and hallways) for painting. She figured out that there were two styles of siding and that we had to choose one over the other. And after I got home, she decided to start painting in the laundry room of the bathroom. Since all that the guys did today was throw mud over the seams of the walls, there wasn't much to photograph.


Nancy Painting and Hiding from the Camera

But they did finish the bathroom, which meant that Nancy could start priming. We wanted to get started early, since we won't be home for over a week. (Okay, we'll be home for one day over that period.) So I made dinner, and Nancy started the priming. But she wouldn't let me take her picture.


The Ceiling and Walls Nancy Painted

Nancy had trouble with the primer. She didn't like how it went on the wall; the paint didn't go on as smoothly as she would like. And there are some streaks on the surface of the walls and the ceiling, but I'm sure a second coat will solve that.


The View from the Back Bathroom Window at Night

This is a terrible picture, but I simply think it is interesting that we can look out a window from the bathroom into the back yard.


The Paint Color for the Bathroom

Here's the paint color Tim found for the bathroom. But everyone likes it, so we're going with it. (It looks better in person.)


Siding Color Samples

Of these color samples, Nancy finally chose light maple today. She likes its yellow tinge.


Our Two Different Style Choices for Siding

Of course, now we don't know what style of siding to choose.

honi soit qui mal y pense

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home