Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Day Sixty-Nine: The Second-to-Last Last Day

Today, I was going to get Dave and John's email addresses from them before they left, so we could send them something. Instead, they didn't show up on this, their last, day until I was gone. So I called them. But they didn't have email addresses. So I asked them to write down their home addresses, which they did. (Even though John told Nancy that we wanted the addresses so that we could burn crosses on their lawns.)

I also heard from George today, who estimated that we will have to pay another four to five thousand over what we still owe. Let's hope that's right, since it's bad enough but doesn't make things horribly worse! George also said that the plumbing inspection was done, that the building (carpentry) inspection would be today, and that the electrical inspection would be at 3 pm on Friday.

When I made it home (a little early today), John was still here but just about to leave. He told me that he waited until the inspector was supposed to arrive, so that inspection didn't take place. Also, I discovered that Chris the plumber put in the catch for the dishwasher today, but he apparently damaged the cabinet floor under the sink while doing it, so that's something to talk to George about. The other topic is the huge gas smell when I used the stove and oven simultaneously today. My eyes burned from the gas. The third item I'll leave for the end.



The Handle of the Sliding Door

Here's the attractive handle of the new sliding door, a handle that locks easily and firmly.


Leveling out the Sliding Door

Here's all the evidence you need of all the work the guys needed to do to level out the door. The unlevelness of the old door might have added to the problems we had with it.


The Molding around the Sliding Door

Here's the nice molding that now surrounds the door, and which is much narrowing than the 1X4's that used to surround the door.


A Sconce in the Hallway

Here's one of our two news sconces in the hallway. These two lights are amazingly bright.


The Second Sconce in the Hallway

Here's the second of the two sconces.


An Apparently Unfinished Project

And I'm no expert, but here's a project that just doesn't seem complete to me. Another call to George.

honi soit qui mal y pense

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home