Day Sixty-One: And Near Exhaustion
Okay, I'm really tired tonight, but there are way too many pictures, so I'll try to keep the words to a minimum.
In the morning, I was here for a while, and John taught me how to paint! He had some criticisms of my painting: imperfect lines where two walls together and some dripping in the paint in the bathroom. Oh, well.
Nancy and I were supposed to do some painting tonight and to buy some more molding. But instead we unpacked most of our kitchen stuff and put it away. We have an embarrassment of space left in the kitchen: five empty cabinets, four empty drawers, and two empty shelves on the bookshelf in the kitchen. After cleaning all the cabinets in preparation for this and cleaning any kitchen stuff left out in the open, I had no energy or time for anything else. We'll do what we can this short weekend.
Today, the three sinks were connected, the toilet was installed, and drywall was put up in the basement. Those were the big changes, but there were others. Tomorrow, the floor is supposed to be finished in the kitchen, the washer and dryer are being moved upstairs, the stove will be installed (without power), and supposedly the refrigerator will be put in place in the kitchen, so the kitchen will look complete--but it will be without power. We can't finish the bathroom without the vanity lights, and we continue to wait for those.
I did call George today to tell him that I'd need some power in the kitchen and bathroom soon, since they're almost ready and since I can't wait for the vanity lights before I get power. He called me back to say that this would be taken care of on Monday, while we're away. Imperfect, but definitely good, news.

The Kitchen in the Morning

The Kitchen Sink with Hardware

Where's the Gratis Corian Cutting Board?

All Our Pots in one Cabinet without Stacking Any

The Swinging Spice Rack

The Cup Cabinet

The Drawer of Utensils

The Pantry-as-Cabinet, Half-Filled

The Basement Wall for the Stairway

The Double Threshold to the Bathroom (Wooden Threshold Added Today)

Our New

Toilet Seat

Slowly Closing

Shut

The Vanity with Its Hardware

The Baseboard Molding in the Laundry Room

The New Handle to the Pocket Door

The Requisite Basin for Any Second-Floor Washing Machine

A Few Things Almost Blocking the Hallway

An Angle of Dripping in the Basement

The Sweaty Pipes that Caused this Dripping
This dripping disturbs me, and we'll have to figure out what is causing it. This is a serious amount of loose water. There is also a small problem with the faucet in the kitchen, which bubbles out at the hose occasionally and which dripped a little bit under the sink.
honi soit qui mal y pense
In the morning, I was here for a while, and John taught me how to paint! He had some criticisms of my painting: imperfect lines where two walls together and some dripping in the paint in the bathroom. Oh, well.
Nancy and I were supposed to do some painting tonight and to buy some more molding. But instead we unpacked most of our kitchen stuff and put it away. We have an embarrassment of space left in the kitchen: five empty cabinets, four empty drawers, and two empty shelves on the bookshelf in the kitchen. After cleaning all the cabinets in preparation for this and cleaning any kitchen stuff left out in the open, I had no energy or time for anything else. We'll do what we can this short weekend.
Today, the three sinks were connected, the toilet was installed, and drywall was put up in the basement. Those were the big changes, but there were others. Tomorrow, the floor is supposed to be finished in the kitchen, the washer and dryer are being moved upstairs, the stove will be installed (without power), and supposedly the refrigerator will be put in place in the kitchen, so the kitchen will look complete--but it will be without power. We can't finish the bathroom without the vanity lights, and we continue to wait for those.
I did call George today to tell him that I'd need some power in the kitchen and bathroom soon, since they're almost ready and since I can't wait for the vanity lights before I get power. He called me back to say that this would be taken care of on Monday, while we're away. Imperfect, but definitely good, news.

The Kitchen in the Morning

The Kitchen Sink with Hardware

Where's the Gratis Corian Cutting Board?

All Our Pots in one Cabinet without Stacking Any

The Swinging Spice Rack

The Cup Cabinet

The Drawer of Utensils

The Pantry-as-Cabinet, Half-Filled

The Basement Wall for the Stairway

The Double Threshold to the Bathroom (Wooden Threshold Added Today)

Our New

Toilet Seat

Slowly Closing

Shut

The Vanity with Its Hardware

The Baseboard Molding in the Laundry Room

The New Handle to the Pocket Door

The Requisite Basin for Any Second-Floor Washing Machine

A Few Things Almost Blocking the Hallway

An Angle of Dripping in the Basement

The Sweaty Pipes that Caused this Dripping
This dripping disturbs me, and we'll have to figure out what is causing it. This is a serious amount of loose water. There is also a small problem with the faucet in the kitchen, which bubbles out at the hose occasionally and which dripped a little bit under the sink.
honi soit qui mal y pense

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home