Fourth Letter to Dave and John
7 May 2006
Dave and John,
This will be quick, since I have to hit the road.
I was up till 4:30 this morning painting, so that’s going to be my excuse when you find the bad spots. All I had time for was priming, gallons’ worth of it. (The paint in the floor in front of the door is because one of my dropcloths doesn’t really work. The paint seeps right through it.)
Here are a couple of thoughts and pieces of information:
Please leave the door to the basement open at least a little. The cat needs to go through the door to get to his litter box. Otherwise, he uses any part of the house (as we discovered yesterday). I don’t know what our long-term solution to this will be.
Nancy decided yesterday that she didn’t want the one by fours in place of molding in the dining room, so I took off all the one-by-fours (but they’re in the garage). Given this late change, I suppose you should just not worry about putting in molding in this room. But if you could tell me how to fill in the mouse hole in the corner, I’d appreciate it.
I’ve been thinking about the extra towel rack in the bathroom, and here’s an idea. Can we cut it down a bit and put it to the left of the vanity below the switches?
Also, a question about the laundry room. It seems to me that there’s not much space for a folding area and a closet, if we have a vertical closet. Would it be possible to make the entire space a folding shelf and have the closet itself below that shelf? Call me if this doesn’t make sense.
We’ll be back home by early afternoon on Tuesday. But call if if you have any questions, and I’ll be calling you on Monday just to hear the progress!
Geof
Dave and John,
This will be quick, since I have to hit the road.
I was up till 4:30 this morning painting, so that’s going to be my excuse when you find the bad spots. All I had time for was priming, gallons’ worth of it. (The paint in the floor in front of the door is because one of my dropcloths doesn’t really work. The paint seeps right through it.)
Here are a couple of thoughts and pieces of information:
Please leave the door to the basement open at least a little. The cat needs to go through the door to get to his litter box. Otherwise, he uses any part of the house (as we discovered yesterday). I don’t know what our long-term solution to this will be.
Nancy decided yesterday that she didn’t want the one by fours in place of molding in the dining room, so I took off all the one-by-fours (but they’re in the garage). Given this late change, I suppose you should just not worry about putting in molding in this room. But if you could tell me how to fill in the mouse hole in the corner, I’d appreciate it.
I’ve been thinking about the extra towel rack in the bathroom, and here’s an idea. Can we cut it down a bit and put it to the left of the vanity below the switches?
Also, a question about the laundry room. It seems to me that there’s not much space for a folding area and a closet, if we have a vertical closet. Would it be possible to make the entire space a folding shelf and have the closet itself below that shelf? Call me if this doesn’t make sense.
We’ll be back home by early afternoon on Tuesday. But call if if you have any questions, and I’ll be calling you on Monday just to hear the progress!
Geof

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home