Saturday, May 06, 2006

In My Prime (or, Living with Chaos)

I had to predate the posting time of this entry to make it appear in the correct day. I'm up at 4:15 am writing this, after spending the whole day painting (until about 2). Then I took a shower, then Tim and I cleaned up the place. I'm now set to do some real painting when I return. Today, I did only priming, but I did it everywhere: the dining room, the hallway, the back hallway, the TV room, the stairs to the basement. I had to do all of this now so that the guys could put in the molding on Monday. Nancy spent part of the day staining the doors, which look quite good. Now I'll let the words speak for today.


Three Months' Accumulated Dust on a Windowsill


The TV Room


Scene from a Day's Painting


One of Nancy's Stained Doors


Dropcloths along the Hallway


The Dining Room


The Way up the Stairs


The White Way to the Basement

This is actually much whiter now, since I primed the left-hand lower wall after this picture was taken. That small change brightens up the basement.


My Pants and Feet after a Day of Painting

honi soit qui mal y pense

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home