The Mother's Day Kitchen
Today, I'd planned on working on work work all day, again because I just didn't have the time for housepainting. But today was Mother's Day, so the Mikes came to the house in the afternoon so that they'd be ready to go out to dinner with us at 7 pm at Bellini's in Clifton Park. Since the Mikes were here, I decided I couldn't just disappear and work somewhere, so I worked on putting away more kitchen stuff. I found a box of kitchen stuff that I had forgotten about upstairs, and then I searched in the basement and found three or four other boxes in the basement.
One of these was a cubic-foot box filled with our good Bavarian china, which I hand to wash by hand and dry before putting every piece away in two of our highest cabinet shelves. The great advantage of this is that the china is now out of the way, yet very accessible, easier to reach than ever before. We've even been able to move our large, but only rarely used, cooking vessels to a storage area above the refrigerator. So we have our stock pot, dutch oven, and turkey rack within easy reach but still out of the way.
I'm amazed that we haven't yet run out of room in the kitchen cabinets and drawers, but we do have one partial box from the kitchen junk drawer left in the basement. We've ended up throwing away much of that kind of stuff, however, as we have put it away, so we might not have any trouble dealing with this either. We also expect to make a few changes with the storage locations of some of our stuff, but in general things are working out well in the kitchen.

Here's a picture I forgot to take yesterday. This is the tiny trash can, with a flip lid, that we bought yesterday for the bathroom. The color matches the look of the bathroom closely enough, and we are hoping that the top keeps the dogs from knocking over and open the can and rifling through its contents. Today, the can successfully hid a few smells within it and kept the dogs at bay.

The Stepped Shelf under the Bathroom Sink
Nancy bought this shelf today, which she put in place under her half of the vanity. The tiers of this shelf are working pretty well, as you can see from this picture, but I still think it's going to be a little annoying to squat to the floor whenever we need something we would otherwise pull out of a more convenient medicine cabinet.

The Erosion of Plaster on the Kneel Wall of the Third-Floor Bathtub
I took my father-in-law upstairs to view the crawlspace off the third-floor bathroom and consider the addition of a door to convert the space into a storage area. While we were there, I pointed out a space on the plasterboard kneewall where someone had left wet bottles of shampoo, causing these deep erosions in the top of the wall.
Then we went out to dinner.
honi soit qui mal y pense
One of these was a cubic-foot box filled with our good Bavarian china, which I hand to wash by hand and dry before putting every piece away in two of our highest cabinet shelves. The great advantage of this is that the china is now out of the way, yet very accessible, easier to reach than ever before. We've even been able to move our large, but only rarely used, cooking vessels to a storage area above the refrigerator. So we have our stock pot, dutch oven, and turkey rack within easy reach but still out of the way.
I'm amazed that we haven't yet run out of room in the kitchen cabinets and drawers, but we do have one partial box from the kitchen junk drawer left in the basement. We've ended up throwing away much of that kind of stuff, however, as we have put it away, so we might not have any trouble dealing with this either. We also expect to make a few changes with the storage locations of some of our stuff, but in general things are working out well in the kitchen.

Here's a picture I forgot to take yesterday. This is the tiny trash can, with a flip lid, that we bought yesterday for the bathroom. The color matches the look of the bathroom closely enough, and we are hoping that the top keeps the dogs from knocking over and open the can and rifling through its contents. Today, the can successfully hid a few smells within it and kept the dogs at bay.

The Stepped Shelf under the Bathroom Sink
Nancy bought this shelf today, which she put in place under her half of the vanity. The tiers of this shelf are working pretty well, as you can see from this picture, but I still think it's going to be a little annoying to squat to the floor whenever we need something we would otherwise pull out of a more convenient medicine cabinet.

The Erosion of Plaster on the Kneel Wall of the Third-Floor Bathtub
I took my father-in-law upstairs to view the crawlspace off the third-floor bathroom and consider the addition of a door to convert the space into a storage area. While we were there, I pointed out a space on the plasterboard kneewall where someone had left wet bottles of shampoo, causing these deep erosions in the top of the wall.
Then we went out to dinner.
honi soit qui mal y pense

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home